Need some easy snack ideas?
If your family’s morning routine is anything like mine, you’re looking for a healthy solution for a quick and easy snack – for the kids and for yourself. Summer is coming to an end and if the kids aren’t back in school yet, they soon will be, so this is a hot topic right now.
Making it easy on ourselves
Personally, unplanned snacking at work is my first weakness. Paying no attention to portion control is my second. So what I like to do is, on Sunday nights, I get out my Tupperware and pack it all up. I try to eat 5-6 times per day in smaller quantities. Basically, the goal is to have a serving size handy for several meals and snacks, so each morning I just open the fridge and take whatever I feel like eating that day!
I sat down and brainstormed a list of my top 30 easy snack ideas that I rotate through in a typical month. As much aspossible, I avoid processed foods, or at least aim for foods that contain only ingredients that I can pronounce. Not easy to do sometimes! The main thing is to have some sort of plan, and so far it’s been a huge savor of time and money!
So here’s my super simple list of easy snack ideas. When possible, I combine things to get a balance of proteins and carbs – I found it helps sustain me better throughout the day. Just watch the portions to make sure you’re not unintentionally eating “too much” of a good thing. :)
Healthy, Quick, Easy Snack Ideas:
- Apple (good with peanut butter or almond butter)
- Banana (good with peanut butter)
- Carrots (good with hummus or ranch dip)
- Celery (good with peanut butter, ranch dip, or tuna)
- Cheese sticks
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Cucumber slices (good with ranch dip)
- Freeze dried fruit (mango, strawberries, etc.)
- Graham cracker PB & J
- Hard boiled egg
- Honeydew Melon
- Orange slices
- Peaches (good with yogurt or cottage cheese)
- Plain yogurt (flavored with some honey; can add blueberries or nuts)
- Raw almonds
- Raw broccoli (good with ranch dip)
- Rice Cakes (check the ingredients for healthier ones)
- Shredded Wheat (not the sugar-coated one)
- Strawberries/blueberries/raspberries (good with yogurt)
- Trail mix with nuts and dried fruit
- Unbuttered popcorn
- Whole grain crackers with almond butter, peanut butter, or cheese
- Whole wheat pretzels
If you have more/better ideas, please comment below or connect on my Facebook page. I’m all ears!
He, who every morning plans the transactions of the day, and follows that plan, carries a thread that will guide him through a labyrinth of the most busy life. ~ Victor Hugo
Strength for your journey,