I don’t know about you, but I love muffins! Unfortunately, I usually give in while at the Starbucks counter, which is definitely a no-no when you’re trying to eat healthy. Naturally, when I saw this recipe on Fixate in Beachbody on Demand, I had to try! This one also happens to work great for Autumn Calabrese’s 80 Day Obsession meal plan (Plans B-F – it counts as 1 blue and 1 purple) so that’s a win, too!
I was surprised at how tasty these muffins are, considering what few ingredients are in them – and NO sugar. I’m not crazy about apples, so I substituted blueberries (which are another favorite of mine and still a purple) so that’s a recipe you might want to also try. So here’s to these amazing little portion control containers and to Autumn’s muffin recipe!
Here’s how you make them:
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 2 medium)
- 1 Tbsp organic grass-fed butter, melted
- 1½ cups almond flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 1 dash Himalayan salt
- ½ cup chopped apple (about ¾ medium)
- Preheat oven to 350
- Prepare 9 muffin cups with liners or cooking spray
- Combine wet ingredients - eggs, banana, butter - in medium bowl; mix well & set aside
- Combine dry ingredients - almond flour, baking soda, salt - in a separate bowl; mix well
- Add dry ingredients to the banana mixture; mix until blended
- Add apple; mix just enough to blend
- Divide batter evenly into your 9 muffin cups
- Bake 18-20 min, or until golden brown and it passes the toothpick test
- Transfer muffins to cooling rack & enjoy!
Try making your own almond flour - use 1 cup slivered almonds blended finely in a food processor or blender. If you use a blender, make sure you pulse in 20-second intervals or you'll end up with almond butter on your hands instead of flour! 1 cup of slivered almonds yields approx. 1 cup of flour.
Compare the nutrition information to Starbucks, with its 15 g of sugar and almost 450 calories, and I’m sure you’ll want to give this recipe a go!
Not sure what the 80 Day Obsession is? Click here: 80 Day Obsession – Workouts Over 50.
Currently, the ONLY way to get 80 Day Obsession is through Beachbody on Demand (Not sure what that is? Check out this post).