I love this version of miso soup!
I am a big fan of the miso soup served in Japanese restaurants, and this one is even healthier because it’s chock full of veggies! I first saw this recipe when I was doing Beachbody’s Ultimate Reset, and now it’s becoming one of my favorite comfort foods. I hope you’ll try it, tweak it, or even improve it!
As we move into the cooler months, it’s a perfect time for soup!
I especially like soup that can count as a meal (since I’m slightly lazy if I’m being totally honest). The best part about this miso soup is that it’s a meal in a bowl… and better comfort food than chicken noodle (in my humble opinion). It’s very hearty, nutritious, and so tasty that even your kids will gobble down all the veggie goodness!
It’s also a great vegan alternative. So go on, put down that can of Campbell’s Soup and try this homemade immune-boosting recipe yourself.
Get more recipes here (I hope to continue updating as I try more)
P.S. I’m no gourmet chef, so if you have tips for me after you try this, please leave me a comment. :)
This recipe was adapted from the Beachbody Ultimate Reset 21-day program, and is really easy to make. In fact, all you are really doing is chopping stuff and putting it into a pot! Healthy and tasty!
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp ginger, finely grated (can adjust quantity, to taste)
- 1 small carrot, cut in thin diagonal slices
- 1 small celery stalk, cut in thin diagonal slices
- 2 c water
- 1/4 c broccoli florets
- 2 Tbsp fresh green beans, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 Tbsp wakame seaweed (optional)
- 1 Tbsp green onion, sliced (optional)
- 1 Tbsp miso mixed with 2 Tbsp hot water (can add more miso, to taste)
- 6-8 oz Firm Tofu (about 1/2 of a standard container), drained, cut into cubes
- Heat EVOO in soup pot on medium heat.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger, carrots, and celery and saute 5 minutes until fragrant.
- Add water and simmer on low 20 minutes until veggies are tender.
- Add broccoli, beans, seaweed, and tofu. Stir and simmer until tender, but not overcooked (you want the beans and broccoli to remain a bit crisp.
- Remove from heat and add sesame oil, green onion, and miso mixture.
- Dig in!
Serving size: 1 bowl Calories: 155 Fat: 9 g Saturated fat: 1 g Unsaturated fat: 0 g Trans fat: 0 g Carbohydrates: 15 g Sugar: 5 g Sodium: 732 g Fiber: 4 g Protein: 5 g Cholesterol: 0 g