Edamame corn succotash was one of my favorites from the 21 Day Ultimate Reset and I still make it today. It’s pretty simple to make and is a great pot luck dish for parties. This recipe calls for shelled soy beans (yes, you don’t want to stand there and pop out each bean by hand) or lima beans. I love me some soy beans, so that’s what I use. If you use limas, let me know how you like it! Feel free to swap in your favorite vegetables (or add more)!
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium red bell peppers, chopped
- ½ tsp. sea salt (or Himalayan salt)
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2½ cups fresh (or frozen) corn kernels (about 4 ears of corn)
- 2 cups shelled edamame (or lima beans)
- 3 Tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add onion and bell peppers. Season with salt and pepper; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Add garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add corn and lima beans. Reduce heat to medium-low; gently boil, covered, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes, or until corn and lima beans are tender.
- Add basil before serving.